1. The first Culver’s opened in Sauk City, Wisconsin, in 1984.
George Culver acquired an A&W restaurant in 1984 and began to renovate it. In the Summer of 1984, George and his wife Ruth opened the first Culver’s location.
Population of Sauk City?
2. Today, Culver’s has over 500 locations within the USA.
Culver’s utilizes the franchising model to expand rapidly. A franchise is a location that licenses the Culver’s brand and is ran by independent operators. The most popular food franchise is McDonald’s.
3. Culver’s is Getting Into Fast-Casual Dining with their “Blue Spoon Cafe”
Just when you thought Culver’s was successful enough, they are entering a new market. Culver’s has launched Blue Spoon Cafe, a fast-casual restaurant that serves soups, salads, and gelato.
Currently, you can find this cafe in Wisconsin only, but keep your eyes peeled for one near you!
4. They Own Their Own Brand of Root Beer
Culver’s wasn’t satisfied with the root beers on the market, so they made their own. It’s incredibly delicious, too!
5. Culver’s loves their farmers – literally.
Culver’s painted their big, blue barn to thank farmers for their continued commitment to farm-fresh food.
6. Culver’s Has a Mascot Named “Scoopie”.
He’s ironically named Scoopie, but is an ice-cream cone, which you would technically lick.
7. Culver’s Sponsors the Chicago Cubs
Culver’s also proudly supports the Wisconsin Badgers, Milwaukee Admirals, Minnesota Wild, and the Iowa Hawkeyes.
8. Culver’s Offers Buy-One-Get-One-Free and Free Frozen Custard by Signing Up to Their Online Club
What are you waiting for? Check out the Culver’s deal here: