Looking for a decent entry level job that pays a good wage and offer all kinds of benefits? Then checkout this Arby’s Careers page. Fast food careers don’t always get the respect that they deserve, but there are many reasons to consider them.
One of the main reasons is that there is always a chance of being promoted. This is true of any chain, as the board members are at their happiest when hiring managers who have worked at the lower levels of the restaurant. At Arby’s it’s even more of a benefit, because the promotions here happen fast and it’s not unheard of for an entry level worker to be promoted all of the way to management within 2 years of cleaning their first table, taking their first order or preparing their first sandwich.
With more than 3,350 Arby’s locations around the world, and with the majority of these found in the US, there is likely to be an Arby’s near you wherever you are. And when there is a nearby restaurant then there is a good chance that there is a nearby job. So, prepare for Arby’s careers by reading all the info on this page. It’s all unofficial, but it’s also unbiased, which means we will tell you how it is, and not how they want you to think it is.
The good news for Arby’s is that we’re pretty much on their side, as we think that Arby’s careers are worthy of our praise at all levels and in all of their restaurants across the United States.
Arby’s Jobs: Interview Questions
So, you submit your CV, they like what they see and you are asked to attend an interview. What can you expect, what do you need to do in order to get a job and to get on that Arby’s careers ladder?
Well, each restaurant is different and just because a certain line of questions is asked in one location doesn’t mean they will be asked in another. However, there are some basics to consider, including:
- Prepare: You need to show them you are confident, that you love the brand. Be extroverted, because they want someone who will deal with customers; someone who will smile; someone who will remain happy no matter what. Being shy and introverted will turn them against you straight away.
- Questions: The questions they ask are usually basic, including “why do you want to work for us?” and “where do you see yourself in 5 years?”. Just answer every question as if you are someone who adores the brand and wants to work for them for as long as they will allow. You should also avoid hesitation and don’t begin with “hmmm”. Just take some time to think about each answer before giving it to them.
- CV: Your CV should be able to tell them all that they need to know. It should be honest and it should be basic. They want someone who will like remain with them for some time, and not someone who is clearly using them as a stepping stone or as a career to pay the bills for a few months.
- Smile: Don’t be a misery guts. Keep a smile on your face, laugh at any jokes they make, make a few yourself. Don’t giggle nervously throughout, but make sure you smile and show them that you are a happy-go-lucky person. That’s what they want to see.
Arby’s are usually hiring, as there is always a need for hard-working employees, whether on a full-time basis or as part-time to cover a few shifts. The fact that there are so many Arby’s locations around and that many cities and towns have several of them, means that you’re spoilt for choice in this department.
So, do the rounds, drop in your CV and see what’s available. Providing you put the work in and let them do know that Arby’s careers are really of interest to you and are not just an after-thought or a temporary role, then you should be able to secure something fairly quickly.
Arby’s crew members, which is the entry level position for Arby’s careers, earn between $8 and $9 an hour. The exact amount will depend on location, as well as experience and a few other factors. This is more or less the average for entry level positions in the fast food industry. Some chains, such as Whataburger, pay a little less, while very few—In-n-out Burger included—pay more.
If you are an experienced worker and a vital cog in the Arby’s machine then you can earn as much as $12 an hour, but your responsibilities will also increase if you are earning this much. There are also pay increases for those with supervisor and manager positions.
It’s not just about the money either as there are a number of other benefits to Arby’s careers. We have discussed some of these elsewhere in this article, but the additional benefits include:
- Free Food: If you love Arby’s as a customer then this will be a huge plus.
- Time-Off: You can get plenty of time-off just like any other worthwhile career.
- Healthcare Coverage: A huge benefit and one that can cover you for many eventualities.
Also, if you make it into the upper echelons of the company then you can expect to earn as much as $40,000 a year. It has been said that it is very easy to move through the ranks of the Arby’s chain, and that providing you have the dedication and work ethic, you can breeze through.
You can apply online to work at Arby’s and you can also drop your CV into your local restaurant. It’s up to you which one you choose. But while dropping a CV off in person might be more intimidating, it may attract more attention. If you are confident, extroverted and exactly the sort of person that they want working for them, then you’ll be better off seeing them in person. If not, then send a CV and just try to fake it during the interview. Assuming your get that far.
You can submit your application for Arby’s careers through the SnagAJob website. They will tell you what is available, covering all careers across all available Arby’s locations. There are a host of job titles available with Arby’s careers, from cook and cashier (roles often performed by those listed as Crew Members) to supervisors, managers and more.
There are a number of ways that you can contact Arby’s. The Arby’s contact number is: 1-800-599-2729, which is available from 7am to 11pm CST. You can also dial 1-800-984-8289 for their Restaurant Experience Feedback line. This allows you to tell them what you think about they restaurants, their managers, their servers and their food. If you do then you will be entered into a prize draw that offers a total of $1,000 in prize money every day, with additional weekly prizes on top of that.
Arby’s get involved with a number of community events and they also try and help out charities as much as they can. This is all done in the company name and you can find more on their official website and through the Arby’s Foundation.