Is it ever true you can have to much of a good thing? Well, with National Double Cheeseburger Day falling on September 15 and National Cheeseburger Day landing on September, it is a cheeseburger lover’s week of paradise and indulgence.
When is national cheeseburger day you might ask?
Your own holiday season like Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and Christmas all delightfully (and indulgently) squashed together. And in a country where we consume roughly 50 billion burgers annually, it is not too close!
History of the cheeseburger
Check out all of the important (and slightly fuzzy) history of the origin of the cheeseburger on our National Double Cheeseburger page. One thing that is certain? It is most definitely an American concoction and delightfully indulgent.
Ways to celebrate
People take their cheeseburger eating seriously. (Hey, don’t knock the fun of celebrating something we love!) Here are some fun ways people will be celebrating National Cheeseburger Day!
- Delta Airlines: Delta will honor the cheeseburger holiday by serving Shake Shack cheeseburgers to their Delta One business class customers on certain flights from JFK to LAX. All customers on those flights will also get a coupon for a free Shake Shack cheeseburger back on solid ground.
- Wayback Burgers: This burger joint holds an annual eating challenge on National Cheeseburger Day. One lucky (and hungry) guest could win $3330. There famous triple, triple (nine stacks!!) cheeseburger will be at play, and the guest who eats it fastest across their 120 locations wins the money prize. Better pack a bib!
- Grills and Tailgates: People across the country will host a grill out or tailgate party and make their own delicious versions of the cheeseburger.
Places that offer National Cheeseburger Day discounts
- Burger 21: download their app for a free cheesy burger!
- Ruby Tuesday: a free burger with the purchase of an adult entree through their email club.
- Steak ‘n Shake: free Philly cheese double steakburger ‘n fries for $3.99.
Share on our Secret Menus Facebook page how you celebrated!
Check out other National Food Holidays!