There’s not much to this secret menu item but we’ve got the complete skinny on this one.
What’s in it?
- Regular coffee (iced or hot)
- One shot of espresso added
The popularity for this item is extremely high because it is so caffeinated and simple as well as inexpensive.
How to order:
Simply ask for a regular coffee and then add a shot of espresso and you’re done! Don’t walk in asking for the “red eye”. This is simply a secret menu name tossed around the Internet.
- Regular coffee (tall) – $1.75
- Regular coffee (grande) – $2.10
- Regular coffee (venti) – $2.35
Espresso shots are typically around $0.55 depending on the region you live in.
For their featured dark roast, the nutritional values are:
- Tall (12 fl oz) – 5 calories with 260mg of caffeine
- Grande (16 fl oz) – 5 calories with 330mg of caffeine
- Venti (20 fl oz) – 5 calories with 415mg of caffeine
For their freshly brewed sweetened iced coffee, the nutritional values are:
- Tall (12 fl oz) – 60 calories with 120mg of caffeine
- Grande (16 fl oz) – 80 calories with 165mg of caffeine
- Venti (24 fl oz) – 120 calories with 235mg of caffeine
This drink is exactly what your morning needs. Super tired but don’t want to be hyped up to the extreme? The ‘Red Eye” is the one for you!